About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Monday, October 26, 2009
What happens in worship
I've been thinking a lot in recent months about what happens in Christian worship. As I said in my last post, these days it mostly comes down to singing and speaking. Now, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The key is what happens within that singing and speaking. I think there are four essential elements-- maybe five that need to be part of every worship service.

1. Assembling of God's people as the physical Body of Christ into the mystical union of Father-Son and Holy Spirit.
2. Attention to the Word of God + Infusion of the Spirit of God
3. Intentioning of the Will (heart + mind)
4. Releasing of God's people into the World with Blessing and Commission.

It's not so important what you call these movements or how they happen as long as you design and lead worship with them in view. Make sense? Looking at your worship from this past Sunday or series of gatherings, how would you describe the ordering principle or governing dynamics?

Labels: ,

posted by John David Walt | at 10/26/2009 05:27:00 AM

 

1 Comments:

Blogger t4stywh34t said...

With my Anglican lens on, I think number two could (and maybe should) be labelled "sacrament": celebrating the holy ordinances of Christ by attention to his Word, through the Holy Spirit. This not only includes the reading and exposition of the Word, but the celebration of the Eucharist.

8:35 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...