About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Wednesday, October 28, 2009
How our Worship Leaders used to pray. . . .

Anyone want to give this one a try in worship this week?

Come fire, cross, battling with wild beasts, wrenching of bones, mangling of limbs, crushing of my whole body, cruel tortures of the devil - only let me get to Jesus Christ! Not the wide bounds of earth nor the kingdoms of this world will avail me anything. I would rather die and get to Jesus Christ, than reign over the ends of the earth, That is whom I am looking for - the One who died for us. That is whom I want - the One who rose for us...What I want is God’s bread, which is the flesh of Christ, who came from David’s line; and for drink I want his blood: an immortal love feast indeed!

St. Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to the Romans 5:3-6:2; 7:3

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 10/28/2009 10:44:00 AM

 

3 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Andrew Smith said...

I could totally see a fired up deep south black pastor delivering this line in a movie. I'll try to envision Osteen doing the same...

12:18 PM EDT  
Blogger John David Walt said...

i'm looking for josh smith to bring it on sunday to christ umc memphis-- let me know how it goes.

got any time to talk this afternoon?

1:26 PM EDT  
Blogger Ben said...

My favorite quote ever. I think I tried to include it in every reader I edited.

I think my youth group kids have even gotten it a couple of times.

10:27 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...