About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Practicing Pentecost: The Curriculum for Summer

Hurry, then, to have a share in the Holy Spirit.
He is present when you call on him,
and if you call on him it is because he is present in you.
He is the rushing river that brings joy to the city of God.
He will show you what God the Father keeps hidden
from the learned and the wise of this world.
God is Spirit and those who adore him must adore in spirit and in truth,
so too it is fitting that those who long to understand him and to know him
must seek in the Holy Spirit alone
the insight of faith and the meaning of Truth pure and simple.
In the darkness and ignorance of this life, to the poor in spirit,
he is light that enlightens,
he is love that enraptures,
he is gentleness most moving,
he is our access to God,
he is the love of the one who loves,
he is dedication, he is devotion.

William of St. Thierry

In the days following Pentecost (i.e. summer) I try and give my attention to learn more about and contemplate the Gift of the Holy Spirit. I am finding that about 90 days a year (that's the idea anyway) of that kind of focused reflection and practice helpful and meaningful.  How have-do-are you learning about the Spirit (i.e. reading, practice, stretching.) 

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 6/09/2009 08:11:00 AM

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Kendra said...

Yay! I'm reading about the Holy Spirit in a book by Francis Chafer. I love that my summer classes fall in line with some of your summer thoughts! It helps me think and process - and actually make things stick better.

10:37 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...