About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Friday, February 27, 2009
The Many Faces of Worship (Streets Edition)

While in Orlando, I got connected to this outfit called "Rosa Loves." They make T-Shirts, 60% of whose profits go to help individual people in desperate situations. The story of the individual is actually printed on the underside of the t-shirt, to be worn directly over the heart. I learned about it through a friend wearing the T-shirt featured in the picture. In asking about his t-shirt, I learned about the story of Hussein, a little boy in Iraq who needs a heart surgery that will cost $4,000. They can't afford any of it.

Some may say this is the commodification of compassion. I'm not so sure. It strikes me as a fresh way of storytelling that spreads like a contagion, inviting participation in the plotline of love.  It's a face of worship isn't it. "As you did it to the least of these my brothers and sisters, you did it to me." 

Check out the website. It's worth looking around. And maybe order a t-shirt. Just don't wear it on the same day I wear mine. ;-)

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 2/27/2009 03:01:00 AM

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...