About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Holy Spirit and Worship

I want to pose a question and welcome some inputs and interaction. Given we are living in the days following Pentecost, I ask you:

What is the role of the Holy Spirit in Christian worship? (and by Christian worship I am speaking of gatherings or assemblies of God's people and not the notion that all of life is worship, though I do agree with that notion.)

What role does the Holy Spirit play in Christian worship? There are likely many answers to this one-- so take a shot.
posted by John David Walt | at 5/14/2008 03:34:00 PM

 

5 Comments:

Blogger Corey Mason said...

Can worship even take place without the Holy Spirit?

11:36 PM EDT  
Blogger sandra r. said...

I would say that it's the Holy Spirit's role to connect us to God's presence as He purifies our hearts in order to be near to Him (Psalm 51:10-11)

And also to continue changing us and revealing His truths to us by His Word:
Hebrews 10:14-16,
"because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
'This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.' "

12:31 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny you should ask this question now...JD!!

10:44 AM EDT  
Blogger Rob Mehner said...

i think he plays bass, jd.

11:26 PM EDT  
Blogger Kendra said...

I had no idea the Holy Spirit played bass!!! =-)

I was doing some research in Romans 8 for my boss last week, and took a little detour looking at the Holy Spirit in that section. Of the things my anal self outlined, my fave was to consider His presence among us and the war of the flesh that each of us faces.

If one sinner is waging war between the regenerated inner man and his flesh, then when we gather the very same challenge exists in multiple form. With Him, we are empowered to gather together with the possibility, no the promise, of corporate life among us that has kingdom worth. Greater things are possible by the redeemed that gather - because of the Spirit within us! What looks like the multiplication of sin (our gathering of sinful people) is really the grounds for exponential grace and life.

What a great outpouring from our mouths, hands and feet is able to be accomoplished through our worship with the Holy Spirit in our midst!

3:20 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...