About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Relinquishment
The one who being in very nature God,
ruler over all things,
he made himself nothing
now, that is something.
Really, it's everything.
Which is why I probably should have titled this poem
how nothing became everything.
Here's how it happened:
Abba! Nothing is impossible with you!
Let this cup of suffering pass me by!
Not my will, but
your will be done.
I still have questions.

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 3/04/2008 11:16:00 PM

 

6 Comments:

Blogger steve and randel hambrick said...

perfect!
thank you...

8:54 AM EST  
Blogger J. Ted Voigt said...

wow. well said. I like the way you end on "questions." Questions are really the meat of faith, but in our modernist religious communities... or at least at my church... questions are seen as dangerous or a sign of weakness. but Jesus had questions.

now that IS something!

thanks again, I really like your style!

3:56 PM EST  
Blogger Kendra said...

Pale night shine,
Patter of rain,
Shadow of trees,
To Gethsemane I think.

Jesus there,
Lamb before slaughter.
Perfect submission,
Will of the Father.

10:35 PM EDT  
Blogger Michel said...

JD, absolutely one of your best.
-Michelangelo

12:04 PM EDT  
Blogger b.h. swan said...

Wonderful post! Maduska, I still am a reader. Keep posting. Keep Writing. I just wrote one at the gates of dawn.

3:49 PM EDT  
Blogger Amanda Kay Bowers said...

I love this...it encourages me to realize that Jesus did in fact have to relinquish His own will the Father's...just like I have to every day. I still have questions, too. But, I know that I want God's will, not my own.
Anyway, thank you for being so vulnerable and sharing your poetry. it is beautiful and quite insighful.

9:14 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...