About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Friday, January 25, 2008
What's Farming got to do with Worship?

It's a good question. The answer is almost everything. Farming has almost everything to do with worship. Here's a short few verses I scratched out the other day in church that gets at the point.

Abad

"The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and take care of it." Genesis 2:15

That earliest word for worship
in the bible;
not singing or clapping or
bowing and kneeling;
not praying or even
offering
but farming
holy dust
in clay hands.
posted by John David Walt | at 1/25/2008 08:20:00 AM

 

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

What an excellent thought. Imagine if we preached this concept in our small rural churches, which often feel like second class citizens in the larger denomination.

9:10 AM EST  
Blogger Jamey said...

What does that say for our industrialized society and the farmer's hands being replaced by machines?

3:09 PM EST  
Blogger Kendra said...

It is a privilege to work with our hands from the overflow of our hearts. To think that we could fashion in a like manner to the God who formed us with His hands. I've always wanted to be like my Dad. When I clean the house or take care of the yard...I'm working my hands in His holy dust - being like Him and spending time with Him.

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm glad I found your blog - I was looking for maybe books or podcasts and got something much better.

9:52 PM EST  
Blogger Rob Mehner said...

hello there, jd! good line you have going the last three posts. check out what Adam and Cain bring on as part of their sin; there work will be hard and the ground won't produce. What does that say about broken worship from disobedience?

6:26 AM EST  
Blogger Rob Mehner said...

...okay, so "their work"...oops. anyway, i meant to say that i kept my eyes out for you in orlando at the conference, but never saw you.

6:28 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...