About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Friday, October 05, 2007
Hi Mom
I'm back in Fayetteville, Arkansas, where I spent ten years of my life. I've been here teaching at a campus ministry in town last night-- The Wesley Foundation-- where some fourteen years ago, I found. . . . . . not Jesus. . . . . . but TIFFANI!!! PTL.

Anyway-- tonight I'm staying with Omar and Jenn Al-Rikabi in their cottage apartment. Outside we hear the roar of 350,000 Harley Davidsons. No-- I don't exaggerate. This weekend happened to be the "Bikes, Blues and Bar-b-que" festival. No kidding-- 375,000 people have descended on this little college town of around 50K. I've never seen anything like it. Anyway-- it's been a great time. I spent last night and this morning with the McKenzie family, one of my earlier surrogate families. I also got to see Kay and C.R. Magness another of those families here in town. Headed back to the Shire tomorrow.

I realized I've been neglecting FARMStrong of late. I've come to admit the fact that my blog is a glorified "Hi Mom" blog. The sad part is I learned the other day is that not even my Mom reads my blog anymore. And so I decided to get it moving again. I've actually been writing in several other places of late. Enough for now. We're moving again.
posted by John David Walt | at 10/05/2007 09:27:00 PM

 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's all well and great, but did Mark Modisette represent?

12:35 AM EDT  
Blogger John David Walt said...

mod--- i miss that man. thanks for the reminder matthew. iga . . . . lowell. . . . .

9:33 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John David, through some slip of our local tech dept. I am able to see your blog today. I DO read it when I can and I love it. I wish the star wars music had been on. The boys are quite creative. We are gearing up for your visit. Paul Greeson stayed with us last nite. Had a great visit with him and his fiance, Elizabeth. See you soon. MOM

10:05 AM EDT  
Blogger R.S. said...

We are patient when FARMstrong is resting from writing, but it's good news that this world of words is turning again.

8:55 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...