About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Monday, June 11, 2007
Morning and What has Come Since

My friend, David Harrity, has just published a very nice collection of poems entitled, Morning and What has come since. I just got my copy in the mail from finishline press. This one below spoke to me of the Holy Spirit. It's about the interaction of the wind, trees and everything else. Enjoy-- and order a copy of the book. We must encourage the poets in our midst as they steward the mysteries.

Through the Window

The wind is
like a cradle
rocking the trees;
they swing
as if tired,
almost soft,
like staffs
parting the
sea of space;
they are
a transom
between what
is heaven
and what is
less than heaven,
catching rain,
keeping our heads
clean, writing on the
belly of the sky.

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 6/11/2007 10:22:00 AM

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

transom. What a word! I almost thought you wrote this one... Mad props to your poetry mentor. I think I'll post one of my originals soon.

10:58 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the fact that this is one long sentence. Thanks for pointing us to this JD

7:43 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...