About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Thursday, September 14, 2006
God the Farmer
A FARMStrong Keeper sent to me today from my friend, Jackson Lashier, who is doing doctoral work at Marquette, presently studying Patristic Era Theologians. This from Ephrem the Syrian, Hymn #3 , Stanza 14 of the Hymns on the Nativity:

"Glory to the Farmer, the Hidden One of our thought.
His seed fell on our earth and enriched our intellect.
Its harvest was a hundredfold for the storehouse of our souls.
Let us worship the One who sat down and rested,
who walked within the way, and He was the Way on the way
and the Gate of entry for those who enter the kingdom."
posted by John David Walt | at 9/14/2006 03:32:00 PM

 

3 Comments:

Blogger Rob Mehner said...

me thinks this to be a nice complement to your own poem from a few days back.

3:37 PM EDT  
Blogger Aaron Perry said...

FYI: God the Farmer continues to be a sermon I think about. I believe you preached it early in the fall of 2004--God's Spirit is still keeping his Word with me!

9:34 AM EDT  
Blogger John David Walt said...

thanks ap-- john 15 is an inexhaustible text-- and as you say here-- it bears fruit that lasts. bless you for encouraging me.

8:57 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...