About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Krispy-Kreme
Breaking into the place
of poems
like waiting in an empty parking lot
for the dough-nut shop to open
anticipating sweet satisfaction of sugared bread
craving bitter black water's acidic bite
watching old men arrive with habitual precision
meeting open doors
greeting regular friends,
But sitting all alone
in the car's pre-dawn silence
peeling away night's crusty blindness
as a violet horizon bespeaks the violent flame
ah yes-- the treasure trove of poetry
opens

jdw

I caption this unrelated photo: My Turn. That's Lily (2) in the center.

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 7/05/2006 11:00:00 AM

 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, finally! Only you, JD, could pen verse to Krispy Kreme...kinda makes me hungry now.

11:59 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...