About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Friday, July 07, 2006
Beyond FARMStrong
I've started posting again on the Asbury Seminary blog site and will try and sustain that over the coming months. It will be a different kind of posting than we see on FARMStrong.

We got started with that yesterday with THIS ONE about how broken people often hide behind successful ministry. It is a fascinating study which I excerpted on the seminary blog with a link to the full story. Would be worth your read.
posted by John David Walt | at 7/07/2006 08:52:00 AM

 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My! That is some specific research...makes me think of several colleagues who are "successful"....they fit the description to a T. Heads up, personal vulnerability coming....
I don't see my self as "successul" as judged by huge membership, etc, so does that mean I don't have the characteristics or wounding mentioned in the Ashland research.
How would one process this, JD, fount of wisdom? This has my head in a knot.

12:03 PM EDT  
Blogger b.h. swan said...

Hey JD. thanks for the inspiration.

11:33 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting insights! In regards to the first type, I have also noticed that their followers are people who often lack a sense of self and are drawn to the appearance of the strong motivated personality. So whatever the pastor says is right, consequentially pastors are not creating healthy followers of Christ.

10:38 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...