About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Thursday, June 01, 2006
THE would be dialogical discussion
presuppositions
preprogram
preconditions
for
precognition
prescribing
lenses
telling me
what to see
when I read my B.I.B.L.E.
therby controlling my destiny
BUT
Then there's that song. . . . . .
MYSTERY
quietly singing that
LOVE
must
simply
BE
FREE
with invisible ink
to write
the unutterable
only discernable
in unapproachable LIGHT
like REVELATION
in the darkest night
unmending the tethers of
control's appetite
birthing flight.

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 6/01/2006 01:15:00 AM

 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russell Simmons anyone? JD may be the new 'Godfather' of poetry. Good flow.
--m. harrington

12:20 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, JD, this one is Suweeet!
Like it!

3:09 PM EDT  
Blogger John David Walt said...

russell simmons. . . . . niiiiiicccccceeeeee. thanks michael. good to hear from you. and thanks jp--

though Wendell Berry from a few posts back is still ringing in my ears with this kind of drivel:
"any readers who like your work, doubt their judgment."

i will let myself live in denial of that for another night.

as we used to be fond of saying back in my hometown of dumas, arkansas. . . . . . . . prec. (pron. = preesh)

9:03 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Wendell is right, then I should be your best critic!!!!!
Your all time favorite sister!!

4:21 PM EDT  
Blogger Michel said...

JD... as an avid reader ofyour poetry, I have to say... this is the best you'be ever written.

Favorite line..
BUT
then there's that song
MYSTERY

JD it positively lilts and floats and dances on the tongue. BRAVO!

7:35 AM EDT  
Blogger John David Walt said...

thanks michaelangelo-- much jd

8:39 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...