About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Tuesday, May 02, 2006
The NASCAR boogie board incident. . .

Another great day of VACATION. Actually slept in to 7:38 this morning. Quickly we made our way to "da beach." But not before a short photo-shoot. I wanted you all to see that NASCAR boogie board--complete with flames. We had a near tragedy yesterday when I herded all the kids in the elevator while holding the NASCAR boogie board. I was counting them when the door closed and all of a sudden the rope attached to the board got real tight. I found myself being pulled toward the now closed elevator door. Up we went. Something had to give. The rope snapped and David screamed in agony. His brand new boogie board-- apparently ruined. The handy-dandy velcro strap severed and descending down the chute into elevator hell. I felt so bad. What's really strange is that I had a premonition this very thing was going to happen about fifteen minutes before. Felt kind of like an episode of Medium or something. So now I'm being quite careful about my thought life all of a sudden, as in WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN NOW!!! (happy ending-- on a longshot I took the elevator back down later and to my surprise, still clenched tight in the other elevator door was the little NASCAR boogie board velcro wrist strap. I put one of those cubscout square knots on it (only knot i can actually remember-- over-under-under-over). As you will observe in the ACTION PHOTO below, it's better than new.
posted by John David Walt | at 5/02/2006 09:37:00 PM

 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are super Dad, tear up the lil' guys boogie board and then save the day - yea!

2:16 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...