About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Saturday, May 06, 2006
Beyond the Beach





Today, we visited the famous Florida Gulfarium, one of the oldest aquariums in the United States. In many ways, a primitive facility and yet in other ways, clearly the precursor to Sea World. Now-- obviously, these photos aren't about dolphins and sea lions. They lead me to another conversation altogether.

It's on the mixed up notion of love-- agape and eros. It's a longer conversation than can be opened here. But I witnessed these women within a few feet of each other-- in front of me-- watching a dolphin show. They both, through their attire are saying something about the nature of love. And I think they both make misstatements in their own way. Within about 15 feet of them was this photo which says it all.

posted by John David Walt | at 5/06/2006 08:07:00 PM

 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a pair of shorts just like that...amazing!

3:57 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have alot of memories going to that place with my grandparents. I am glad to see that it is still up and doing their thing. I remember so much stuff from visiting the gulfarium as a child.

on the two women. I would be interested to watch the reactions/interactions between the two. thanks for sharing this. your vacation looks great

7:23 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...