About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Thursday, May 04, 2006
Beach Walking
Narrow place
on the shoreline
Heaven walking
tween
soupy sand and
nothing firm
foot prints light
gliding ease
unencumbered pace
narrow place
New Creation Incubation
forming Land
from water and sand
again and again
every new wave
a place to stand

Can I find this place inland?

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 5/04/2006 10:20:00 AM

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Amie Lou said...

okay - partly because you want more feedback and partly to show that I am not totally inept (see my most recent double postage) let me say something about this poem ...

There is simply nowhere more inspiring to me as the beach. Before I was saved - it made me wonder about creation. After I was saved - it was the ultimate reminder of my position in relationship to the Creator. Living on the ocean for my entire life has taught me lots of stuff - none of which I actually need to see the ocean to remember. So, to answer your question - yes - "this place" can be found inland. God refreshes, renews, regenerates all over in all different ways. I like to think that different scenarios or places provide God a different "language" to speak with. For example - I am overwhelmed with the change of seasons in the midwest - what a picture of creation...

Okay, I think I stopped making sense a long time ago.... this of course being the other reason people probably avoid commenting on poetry.

Smiles,
ames

1:40 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...