About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Tuesday, May 16, 2006
24--Road Trip

In Nashville for 24 hours or so with Chris Tomlin and Ed Cash as they make the new record. Some amazing music is about to be released. In immortal the words of Idol's Randy Jackson "Yo Dog!! AMERICA! WE GOT A HOT ONE!. Anyhow-- bonus-- got my first good night's sleep in 3 years at a local hotel. More on the recording later-- I'm trying to get in some of my "whistling" on the new record. They aren't buying to so far. Prayer partners unite. Some special art from FARMSstrong Cam coming soon too.

Anyhow-- I woke up with this poem and share it here, albiet in rough draft:

I love your
Love
Elasticity Endlessly
Permeation Completely
Fullness with room
Spacious
free
magnetic Holiness
evacuating me from darkness
leading my heart on a tour of BEAUTY
Gallleria of Love Divine
without exits
only rooms
songs
and prostrated paintings
bowing in adulated ecstasy
to a Raiment that could only
be sketched before.
posted by John David Walt | at 5/16/2006 01:54:00 PM

 

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your poems always resonate somewhere in my heart. i can't really articulate it except to say that anytime i read one, it feels like my soul's taken a deep breath. it's cool. thanks for sharing them!
and thanks for being a voice for God to talk to me about songs a couple months ago...i don't know if you even remember when that happened, but He's really been exploding that in my life lately. may you be blessed even more than you've blessed others by being a vessel.
i'll be praying for you guys as you're working in nashvegas!

11:48 PM EDT  
Blogger DGH said...

wow nice poem...and very glad to hear about the good night sleep they are rare for me too, and I rejoice in your sleep (funny that could sound like a death threat..but it is not, heh)(wait is that a crazy, "heh" or just a small chuckle? hmmm... is it weird that I am having a conversation with myself in this post? Or is it a by-product of a lack of a good night's sleep? ha ha.... OK I'm done...can't wait for the music. The last I have heard from Ed Cash is the Christmas Joy Cd and I loved it! Thanks! and it is a given that prayer will be poured out our my life for all of you! In Trinity, D.G.

12:06 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee whiz, JD, you wake up with those beautiful thoughts...Man o Man, continue to let them flow!! Love the freeness.
On the sleep....Lunesta is a wonderful thing.
Odd that you are in Nashville, as that was what I was thinking of suggesting to you for a "middle point" for mutual vacation sometime...

10:29 AM EDT  
Blogger Omar said...

Waking up with such a poem? Not bad seeing as usually you wake up with nothing but the words "Molly outside" and "choc choc" running around in your head.

7:57 PM EDT  
Blogger John David Walt said...

You people-- make me so happy. thanks for the c-love. jd

10:27 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the youth pastor look you have going on in the picture. The shirt under the t-shirt. You could have pulled it off if only you had a pair of cargo pants.

3:01 PM EDT  
Blogger John David Walt said...

dangit-- i almost wore those cargo pants. what was i thinking?! ;-)

i like to think of my look as "chic geek."

10:24 PM EDT  
Blogger gmw said...

you're my favorite chic-y geek, JD. Nice poem. I like the feel of movement it evokes: "magnetic Holiness evacuating me...", "leading my heart on a tour...", prostrating, bowing... Get the sense of the wind of the Spirit blowing from the motion narrated in the words.

12:52 AM EDT  
Blogger mattmaher said...

"magnetic Holiness.....nice"

2:54 AM EDT  
Blogger wes said...

Looking forward to having you in Disney Woods. Will see if even this place can inspire a rhyme! Keep the poems coming. My soul needs detoxing! LY, PS

8:15 AM EDT  
Blogger wes said...

JD, I am using Wes' blog, so if you see PS...that is me- Aunt Pammie

Do you remember the name of my blog you set up for me a year ago??? I can;t find it! I am feellng inspired!

8:16 AM EDT  
Blogger John David Walt said...

pam-- it's pamswan.blogspot.com

you selected a password you could remember. you have to go to blogspot.com to login and blog. you will need to remember your password. c u soon jd

6:30 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...