About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Saturday, April 08, 2006
Prayer for Humble Reliance ala A'kempis
This one seems like a fitting prayer for Monday of Passion Week.

Lord, if you withdraw your hand, there is no grace. If you cease to guide us, we have no wisdom. If you no longer defend us, we have no courage. If you do not strengthen us, our chastity is vulnerable. If you do not keep a holy watch over us, our watchfulness cannot protect us. By ourselves we sink, we perish; when you are with us, we are uplifted, we live. We are shaky, you make us firm. We are lukewarm, you inflame us.
Thomas a Kempis


I'm indebted to Josh Agerton, who shared this one with me.
More where it came from here

Please Pray for me tomorrow as I preach at the seminary-- 11am EST.
posted by John David Walt | at 4/08/2006 03:56:00 PM

 

2 Comments:

Blogger DGH said...

you will be covered in prayer!

12:05 AM EDT  
Blogger John David Walt said...

dg-- u rock. thanks #8.

12:15 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...