About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Picking Pickler

Ok Idolators. What did you think? Taylor was disappointing-- "Country Roads????" Lots of lackluster performances tonight. Bucky has to go. It was clearly Kellie Pickler's night.

My big question: Why didn't anybody do my personal favorite of all time--- The Gambler. ?? live tv is stranger than fiction.
posted by John David Walt | at 4/04/2006 10:30:00 PM

 

5 Comments:

Blogger Nolan said...

I can't believe that I did it; I actually watched an entire episode. Now, to top it off, I'm going to weigh in on this post.

Kellie was good tonight, but I thought the best two were Chris (what a big change that he handled well) and Katharine (she by far had the most stage presence).

Taylor was definitely terrible. It sounded like the orchestra started out about three keys too high for him. Not pretty. However, I don't boot him just on tonight; he's been good up until now.

If I'm booting, tonight, I boot Bucky or Elliott. They both have to go.

11:26 PM EDT  
Blogger John David Walt said...

finally-- someone with some musical training rings in on the JD AI show. thanks nolan. you alabamans must be pretty high on Taylor-- right?

9:23 AM EDT  
Blogger Nolan said...

Yeah, I guess Alabamans are high on Taylor - more than anybody else. I'm not sure the state ever recovered from Ruben, though. (Yeah, what happened to him?) So, they may be a little more hesitant to run the 24-hour Taylor-cam the way they might once have.

5:49 PM EDT  
Blogger Nolan said...

I guess technically that should be Alabamians not Alabamans. Sorry. ;)

5:54 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, so my picks for bottom 3 didn't make it, except for elliott. please, america, boot bucky off.
this week, it's the music of Queen? I only remember 2 songs...what are the girls going to sing? Can Paris really sing, "We will rock you"? Mandeesa gone...too bad, she was a good singer.

12:25 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...