About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Creation Healed: between seasons
There lives a day near fall when summer's done
a first true gazing at green
before retirement yet after the race
when leaves cease clinging
begin cleaving
derivative shade trellises
glory's ironic bloom
momentary fleeting
between stress and strain
twixt success and surrender
career and cancer
This day defies life and death, yet
defines them.

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 10/18/2005 08:54:00 AM

 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am into poetry! -Always have been.My students keep a poetry spiral in their desks. About twice a week I give them a poem to add to it. By the end of the year they will have a collection of rich poetry. Poetry helps children to learn to read! My students also memorize a poem each month to recirte to the class. Last month we learned "Autumn" by Emily Dickinson. I recently found out I share the same birthdate as Walt Whitman! That intrigues me! Anyway, I love your poem John David! Keep putting pen to paper! Pam

8:11 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...