About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Wednesday, July 20, 2005
My Prayer
I'm asking the Spirit to teach me Joy
as Life-Full Fruit
becoming "my strength"
igniting the ever kindled bush of salvation.

I'm asking the Spirit to be my Joy-Coach
to reveal in me
Joy's personality
his character
her countenance
to fan into flame an unquenchable fire of Love
who sees clearly in all circumstance
despite calamity

I'm asking the Spirit to give me Joy
a radical detachment from everything but
YOU
a gravity defying freedom
rendering fear helpless, standing there, staring up at
ONE
in whose gaze is born Faith.

7.9.05

anybody out there got anything to teach me about Joy?

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 7/20/2005 06:21:00 AM

 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this message, and especially the term "Joy-Coach". This is actually a topic I have been pondering for about the last 2 years or so. I am dumbfounded by teh lack of true, sincerely felt JOY expressed int he eyes and lives of Christians - especially those sitting in the pews on Sunday mornings.

The last time I preached, it occured to me that I have never seen so many sour expressions in one place as I did on that front row.

Maybe it was just my preaching 0.o

12:41 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...