About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Thursday, July 14, 2005
great quote i saw today
"There are many who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge: that is
curiosity. There are others who desire to know in order that they may be
known: that is vanity. Others seek knowledge in order to sell it: that is
dishonorable. But there are some who seek knowledge in order to edify
others: that is love." -St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 7/14/2005 11:38:00 AM

 

4 Comments:

Blogger Corey Mason said...

great quote
-common thread...love-

10:31 PM EDT  
Blogger j. said...

hey.. you went from scraps to roughdraft... explain the journey?

9:58 PM EDT  
Blogger Michel said...

I'm with Jeana, why the change? Also, I've come to a conclusion about who you are in the literary world, what character in stories most reminds me of you... any guesses?

Beyond that, Bernard started the Trappist Order. In that way I think he's your Kindred Soul

1:06 PM EDT  
Blogger peteradourian said...

That quote was on my english professor's office door. We should all learn things for the purpose of teaching others - thats so... love!

3:43 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...