About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Tuesday, June 07, 2005
pray for us
Blogger friends. I will be leading Bible Studies the next two mornings at the Kentucky Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. They are 11-Noon. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is the annual meeting of all the clergy from the UMC in Kentucky and also a delegation of lay persons from each church. I will be teaching on John 15-- pray that I may teach clearly and that these very ancient texts might become new wine skins and even better that the Spirit might pour out new wine.

thank you.
posted by John David Walt | at 6/07/2005 09:00:00 PM

 

7 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

JohnDeere,

I read through your manuscripts... very well done. It gels together alot of ideas you've had in such a beautiful way. I can't wait to hear how it went.

Michelangelo

11:07 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will do J.D.,

I was just about to drop you a note on that when I saw your post. I hope you have a powerful time. May the words that come out of your mouth be that of which the Holy Spirit would quicken again (bring to remembrance) in the coming days of the lives of your hearers, to the bearing of fruit. And may those seeds fall on good soil.

God has given you this place of authority - walk strong in it, knowing that "you're only doing what you see the Master is doing." :-)

Will be upholding you in prayer.

Supporting you - Michele

4:48 AM EDT  
Blogger brandon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:31 AM EDT  
Blogger brandon said...

JohnDeere,
Truly, this is a marvelous text. John 15 has impacted my walk as I know it has yours as well. I pray also that this text would awaken those that are sleeping and refresh those that are weary. I will pray that the Spirit pours into you so that you may pour out all of yourself into this time of teaching.
Abide,

brandon

10:33 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will be praying....

Eric

3:45 PM EDT  
Blogger John David Walt said...

Thanks team-- it went really well today. I sensed the Spirit was truly bearing witness to people. I go again tomorrow at 11am again-- speaking on the idea of Extravagant Friendship as the Eucharistic Vocation of the sons and daughters of the Father. Should be fun. I would love to find a way to podcast these messages. Keep praying-- and thank you.

5:04 PM EDT  
Blogger gmw said...

will do JD. if you get a notion, give us a little blog mini-version of what you're presenting...

4:38 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...