About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Wednesday, May 25, 2005
macintosh evagelist
You may not know I am a Macintosh user. I have a g4 powerbook 15' screen and am thinking of going down to a 12" screen. So I was in Starbucks yesterday trying to do some writing when I saw a young woman who had a 12" power book. I kept looking over my shoulder to get a look at it. O.K. I was gawking. I thought she thought I was trying to get a look at her, so I walked over and asked her if I could take a look "under the hood." She obliged. I asked her a series of questions only a Mac user could understand. She offered, "I made the switch to Mac about a year ago and I could never go back." Wow! I feel the same way. It was like she was witnessing to me. . . . . and the Spirit was testifying with my spirit. I just thought it was amazing that she was talking about a computer like one might talk about Jesus. What is that about Macintosh that inspires this kind of loyalty and love?
posted by John David Walt | at 5/25/2005 07:24:00 PM

 

7 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

As I read your post, I absolutely hurt. My Macintosh is down right now as you know... and I feel absolutely vulnerable without it. I keep thinking... what if I lose all my music files? What's going to happen to it? AAARGH!!!

I love my Macintosh... it has style.

8:25 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have an ipod yet? It's great for loading MP3 sermons and BONO songs.

The seminary needs to start offering chapel sermons as MP3's.

Have you listened to the CD I sent you?

9:26 AM EDT  
Blogger Nolan said...

What's a "evagelist"?

Seriously, I think there is more to this evangelism idea than you think. I, as a non-Mac user, have sat on the outside listening to you Mac people and watching from a distance. I've several times thought I was ready to make the jump, but I can't quite do it. In fact, I may be moving further away: I just bought a new Dell laptop! I guess, like a non-Christian, inside of me I feel like I'll have to give up too much; the cost is just too high! Keep sharing your Mac faith, and let's all stop and pray for more Macintosh prevenient grace!

On another note, good job on asking a girl to "look under the hood". I've always admired your boldness, John David!

11:12 AM EDT  
Blogger John David Walt said...

dudes-- thanks for the love here. nolan-- i almost drove down there and opened up a can on that evagelist comment. matthew-- time for a mac and thanks for the pod casting idea. sounds like fun. as for chapel mp3's. write our information services department and request that. we are embroiled in a lawsuit on streaming technology.

10:29 PM EDT  
Blogger Allen said...

Man you just gained so many cool points. I had no clue you were a fellow machead

7:13 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Macs inspire such loyalty simply because they are better. They look cooler, they have vibe, and mac users, like macs themselves, are not like 98% of the population who uses PCs with Microsoft whatever on them.
You actually asked a woman to "look under the hood?" Amazing that she didn't slap you.
Why would you want a 12 inch screen? ugh! If you want to get rid of your 15 inch G4, just buzz me down here in Georgia and I'll be happy to take it off your hands.

2:35 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Macvangelists = false prophets :)

Someday I will convince you that PCs are better JD.

If only it were true...sigh.

1:30 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...