About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Monday, April 04, 2005
to keep it balanced
So Sunday afternoon as we were all playing in the front yard, David shouted, "Dad! Look!" I looked over his direction. Neighborhood kids were everywhere. Mom's were out planting flowers in the next yard. And there was David, pants pulled down to his ankles, tee-tee spewing everywhere. He was rather proud of this. I immediately ran to him, shouting that he just couldn't do this in the front yard. (back yard maybe. . . . front yard never!) Anyhow, I didn't want to shame him so I sat him down and talked calmly. "David," I said, "You just can't tee-tee in the front yard. You've got to go inside to the bathroom. David, do you know why you can't pee in the front yard? " Then I motioned to Douglas, our 8 year old neighbor friend who was over playing. I said, "Douglas, tell David that he just can't do this." Douglas replied, "Yeah David, you can't pee in the front yard. It will kill the grass!"

How about that? :-)
posted by John David Walt | at 4/04/2005 09:32:00 PM

 

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JD,

That is just too funny. I needed the laugh and appreciate you sharing with us. Isn't the innocence of a child such an incredibly funny and sincere thing? I'm so glad to see that you responded with a calm exterior, but still grasped the humor of the moment. So often we immediately yell or reprimand, when sometimes we just need to laugh and say "I did that when I was his age too!"

Have a great week, and enjoy your kids :)

10:06 PM EDT  
Blogger David Wofford said...

It sounds like your boy is just a country-boy at heart. If he were on a farm there'd be no need for discussions. All said, this was a very entertaining story.

8:43 PM EDT  
Blogger + Alan said...

flash back... sitting on the couch in the living room, outside I glance in the front yard, there's Conor, peeein' up a storm! Aaagghh! Con! I guess some grass was killed that day too - haaa! Classic moments.

And dude, that's the first time I've heard the term "tee tee" since I was a kid at my Granny's house in Virginia. ha! Peace and inside peein' to your household.

10:43 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh J. D. Is this what I have to look forward to?

9:14 AM EDT  
Blogger Raegan said...

Gotta love little boys!! Congrats on number four! Maybe it will be a boy too!! :)

2:38 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...