About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Wednesday, April 20, 2005
a keeper
C.S. Lewis once said we read in order to know that we are not alone.

Today's translation-- we blog in order to know we are not alone. :-)

Here's a quote my friend, Jason Upton, sent to me in response to my latest blog. It connects. It gets at what Eric is saying in his comment to the last post.

"Everything in life is designed to wound me with the realization of
the world's insufficiency, until I become so detached that I will be
able to find God alone in everything. Only then can all things bring
me joy." --Thomas Merton

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 4/20/2005 02:37:00 PM

 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, J.D. I'm going to have to steal that one. What an awesome thought. Thanks for sharing!

12:39 PM EDT  
Blogger Josh said...

JD...thanks for your translation of C.S. Lewis' quote. That helps...I've been on a search to figure out why I should blog. I have so much to spill out but teeter with my own pride in doing so. I'll keep reading and you might even see something on my blog one day!

3:39 PM EDT  
Blogger Michel said...

JohnDeere,

We write, and paint, and blog, and sculpt, and compose because it is the the foundation of what it means to be created in the image of God.

Michelangelo

1:18 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...