About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Tuesday, February 01, 2005
The Waiting Room
I am presently in Arkansas with my family. Today my Dad had prostate cancer surgery. It went well-- thank God. It's been a long day that began very early (5:30am) in the waiting room. As I sat there a large sign situated coincidentally just beneath the clock caught my attention. The sign said, "Surgery Waiting." These lines came to mind and I scratched them down:

Surgery
Waiting
Nouns or Verbs
ticking clock reveals time
hidden from eternity
as newspapers cloak nervous faces
behind endless words--fruit of Eden's forest
waiting room wields knife
as Surgeon works
until distraction
sees hope, and
mercy stands at attention.

PRAY FOR THE POPE.

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 2/01/2005 11:11:00 PM

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

Talk about kindred souls. I know exactly what you mean having been there myself just a few hours ago. I am thankful in many ways because after hours in the waiting room, coming home exhausted after a long journey home I know that in this moment, our shared experience enables us to pray for one another more epathetically. Know that I am praying for your father, and you (and the Holy Father). Love the poem but keep playing with rhythm to symbolize the movement of time.

Michelangelo

9:33 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...