About Me
Enough about me. This is for [y]ou.
More on Me Here
e-mail me

 Subscribe in a reader

What should i Link to?

Archives

Thursday, December 02, 2004
Perfectionism
One of the things I love about the Christmas Story is how imperfect it was. God just went for it-- poor teenaged virgin living in nowheresville, census taken at 8.9 months, motels all booked up, no baby clothes. . . . very very imperfect, but unbelievably good. The time was right and full and there it was. Should inspire us to do the same. I wrote a poetic musing on the idea-- called Perfectionism.

Intentions overwhelm actions
when sentiment substitutes for longing
and desire replaces doing

Intentions feel so satisfying
mirages of possibility
havens of imagined perfection

While action seems so ambling
distorting dreamed realities

Great becomes enemy of good as
perfect wields intentions sword against action

Taking protection behind the
Ironic impenetrable masking shield of . . . ???

any thoughts?

I once heard someone say, "If it's worth doing it's worth doing poorly." The more I think about it the more I agree.

Labels:

posted by John David Walt | at 12/02/2004 09:55:00 PM

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

... ambivalence.

Definitely the right word. I know that word... Since I cannot write this poem perfectly... I'll just sit here, and play nintendo.

Great poem JD! Love the Blog. Love the chili recipe. Sounds tasty.

12:21 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Today...